Bubble Bead® Filter
Our classic Bubble Bead Filter offers robust, efficient, and dependable water filtration.
A popular product in multiple industries and applications, the Bubble Bead Filters by AST offer easy maintenance and effective filtration. Perfect for aquaculture systems, research applications, quarantine systems, broodstock holding, and more.
Studies have shown that our bead filters capture 100% of particles greater than 50 microns and 48% of particles in the 5-10 micron range per pass.
In addition to solids removal, these filters provide biological filtration, breaking down the nitrogenous wastes into non-toxic substances. Our gentle backwash removes the collected solids while keeping the necessary bio-film intact.
- Gentle Backwash: Does not harm the bio-film
- Simple: Easy to understand and operate
- Reliable: No internal moving parts
- Energy Savings: Efficient design
- Low Maintenance: Backwashing is quick
- Longevity: Media never needs replacement
- Superior Clarification: Removes solids effectively
Bubble Bead Skid System
Prefabricated for Quick and Easy Installation
With our Bubble Bean skid systems, you can rest assured that AST’s engineering professionals have done all of the hard work for you. These skid systems offer automated backwash functionality that can be set at specific time increments and sequences. They come with a controller and controller stand installed directly on the skid!
With a skid system by AST, it is easier than ever to get started with your project; just hook the system directly to your tank or pond and plug it in!
- Mounted on a skid for indoor or outdoor use
- Reliable, gentle backwash operation
- Optional UV sterilization available
- Centrifugal pumps with strainer baskets
- Pump Assisted Backwash Kits for pressurized discharge of backwash waters
- Automated systems include separate sludge pumps
- Plumbed using Schedule 40 PVC
- Unions at strategic locations for easy maintenance
- Simply connect a line leading from your pond or tank to the pump suction, and a line leading from the filter outlet back to the pond or tank!
"I can backwash my filter in a tuxedo."
Jim Clingan, Bubble Bead Filter owner since 1995 Used for his home koi pond.
Let's Get Started Today
From a simple filter to a complete custom system, our engineers can help you find the perfect filtration system for your needs. Get in touch today!